Sunday, November 4, 2007

Word Cloud

This word cloud makes this journal appear more interesting than it actually is.


Tricky!

I wound up being saved from my All Saint's Day conundrum when our parish offered a Mass of Anticipation on Wednesday night. They usually have their Wednesday Mass at night so I guess they just lumped it in with the All Saint's Day festivities. Anyway I'm glad they did it because the only other solution I could think of would be for me to go church in Racine at 7 PM while Mike went here in Milwaukee at 6 PM since Racine is closer to where I work and I could make it there in time. I'm glad we didn't have to split up...I like going to church with him and hate going alone.

Today in church something embarrassing happened. After the homily when everyone stands up I got extremely lightheaded but mistook the sensation for the start of morning sickness, so I started to go downstairs where the bathrooms are so I could throw up. Unfortunately I figured out it was lightheadedness when I was at the top of the stairs and my vision clouded over. I made it down the stairs okay but I guess I must have stumbled on the last one because I fell down onto the landing* and crashed against the door. Mike said it made a big enough bang to be heard in the church, and that some people went over to look but nobody came down to help. Thanks guys. Although I suppose the sight of a clumsy twenty-something isn't as alarming as the sight of a fallen seventy-year-old. Perhaps they thought I was just hungover. Anyway, I did learn that all the stand up, sit down, kneel, stand, kneel, etc. that goes on in a Catholic Mass can be tricky for a pregnant lady. I'll have to be more careful next Sunday.




* This was different from fainting because in fainting you lose consciousness and fall on your back. I fell on my elbows and knees and knew what was happening.

No comments: